FIRE SERVICE PSYCHOLOGY ASSOCIATION
Membership Benefits Include:
- Professional Affiliation
- Connection to a Network of Psychology Professionals and Fire Service Leaders Dedicated to Bridging the Gap between the Disciplines
- Monthly Consultation Meetings for Clinicians
- Monthly Consultation for Fire Service Professionals Regards: Peer Support Team or Health and Safety Officer Considerations
- Store Discounts: 10%
- Support of the Fire Service Psychology Association’s Annual Operating Budget
- Course Registration Discounts: 10% (Not Annual Conference or Webinars)
- Support of Fire Service Psychology Research to Inform our Understanding of the Needs of Firefighters and Their Families
Mental Health Professionals
Mental health clinicians develop cultural competency by engaging directly with the fire service through riding along but also through training, consultation, and support from psychologists who specialize in fire service psychology. Invest in yourself by joining our community.
Choose Your Mental Health Professional Membership
Firefighter Service Professionals
Prepare for the job like your life depends on it. Firefighters who learn about the psychological nature of their work and culture are preparing for the job. Firefighting has historically focused on physical and technical skills but as the profession has evolved, the need for stress tolerance, conflict resolution, and resilience has come to awareness. Commit to your individual and organizational health, safety, and resilience by joining our community.
Choose Your Fire Service Membership
Annual Group memberships with the Fire Service Psychology Association are offered to Fire Departments (Volunteer, Paid, and Combination Types), Psychology Sections of Fire Departments, as well as Psychology Practices that offer direct psychological services to fire service organizations, firefighters, and/or family members. Through group membership, up to ten organizational associates will have access to individual memberships and the benefits therein.
Group membership provides a department with the opportunity to consult directly with psychologists who specialize in working with firefighters. This consultation, depending on the membership type, can provide clinical consultation to new and seasoned providers or support departments with peer support teams or health and safety officers who would like to explore team challenges, after-action reviews, or strategic planning of team operations. If you would like to explore the best ways to meet your organization's psychological needs, please join us today.